Frozen Coconut-Coffee Bites
- Line twenty-four 1 3/4-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. Dissolve espresso powder in the boiling water; set aside.
- For crust, in a medium nonstick skillet melt butter over medium-low heat. When butter is bubbling, add coconut. Cook and stir until coconut is toasted and golden brown. Stir in finely crushed graham crackers. Remove pan from heat.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the crust mixture into each prepared muffin cup; press firmly to pack.* Place muffin cups in freezer. Keep remaining crust mixture at room temperature to use for topping.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl beat cream cheese with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy, Beat in the sugar, cinnamon, and salt until smooth and well mixed. Beat in vanilla and espresso.
- Divide filling among crust-lined muffin cups. Top each cup with a pinch of the reserved crust mixture. With a fingertip, gently press topping into filling. Freeze about 1 hour or until firm.
From the Test Kitchen
Use the back of a teaspoon or a pestle to press the crust mixture firmly into the muffin cups.
See page TK for a Homemade Graham Cracker recipe.
Nutrition Facts (Frozen Coconut-Coffee Bites)
- Per serving:
- 62 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 30 mg sodium ,
- 4 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
Sarah 801 Days Ago
Your "frozen desserts" slideshow talks about how this is such a great recipe featuring "naturally sweet coconut"... and then it actually calls for sweetened coconut shreds. Dumb.