Fried Ravioli with Marinara Saice
- In a 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven heat 1 inch oil to 350 degrees F. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with paper towels; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- In a shallow bowl combine panko,* salt, and pepper. In another shallow bowl combine egg and milk. Dip about 1/2 cup of the cooked ravioli in egg mixture; allow excess to drip off. Then dip in panko mixture, turning to coat.
- Fry the 1/2 cup ravioli in hot oil about 2 minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on wire racks. Transfer to the prepared baking pan and keep warm in the oven while coating and frying the remaining ravioli.
- Sprinkle ravioli with parsley and serve with marinara sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
Don't add all of the panko at once, as you don't want it to get wet and start to stick together.
Nutrition Facts (Fried Ravioli with Marinara Saice)
- Per serving:
- 196 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 30 mg chol. ,
- 257 mg sodium ,
- 16 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.