Fresh Tomato-Pancetta Meat Sauce
- In a large saucepan cook ground beef and pancetta over medium heat until meat is brown, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat. Stir onion and garlic into meat mixture in saucepan; cook for 3 to 5 minutes more or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, wine, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil. Cool slightly and transfer to freezer containers. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months.*
- To serve, thaw sauce in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until simmering, stirring occasionally.
From the Test Kitchen
If you prefer, cool sauce slightly and transfer to airtight storage containers. Cover and chill for up to 3 days. To serve, transfer to a medium saucepan and heat as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Fresh Tomato-Pancetta Meat Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 177 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 44 mg chol. ,
- 263 mg sodium ,
- 7 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 16 g pro.
Fia Toscarelli 1248 Days Ago
Omit the extra salt, and add some chopped bell pepper. Great, great sauce! PERFECT for any use - over regular pasta, or use when making lasagna or eggplant/chix parm. Great!!