Fresh Corn Salad
- For dressing, in a glass bowl whisk together vinegar, sugar, the 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and black pepper until sugar is dissolved. Let dressing stand while preparing salad.
- For salad, cut corn kernels from cobs. In a large bowl toss corn and remaining ingredients except sea salt and arugula leaves.
- To serve, transfer salad to large serving bowl. Season with the 1/2 tsp. sea salt. Add the dressing; gently thread in arugula leaves. Serve immediately. (Cucumbers and tomatoes will begin to break down.) Makes 8 servings
From the Test Kitchen
Wear kitchen gloves when handling hot peppers, such as jalapenos to avoid burning skin and eyes with volatile oils. When hands touch peppers, wash immediately in warm sudsy water.
Nutrition Facts (Fresh Corn Salad)
- Per serving:
- 77 kcal ,
- 1 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 401 mg sodium ,
- 17 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
jfroatz 1 Day Ago
Fresh, tasty corn salad that I will make again and again! I did alter the recipe slightly by boiling the corn in salted water about 12 minutes, making the corn easier to digest. The fresh ingredients make this a must-have summer treat.
daphneh12 448 Days Ago
This recipe is absolutely insanely delicious! My new favorite salad. I ate (devoured) the whole bowl in 3 days! It's a great summer salad - super refreshing- that I can't wait to make for a crowd when the weather is hot. Love it!
sdharbur51mec 514 Days Ago
Love this - Corn on the cob was out of season so I substituted with 1/2 bag of organic frozen corn, letting it thaw naturally on the counter. It was loved by all!!!
Diane Michener 787 Days Ago
This salad is sooooo good! Every time I make this, it is the first thing to go. I love so many of your recipes BHG! Thank you!!
Pam Coburn 1504 Days Ago
I know it says 8 servings but it might be nice if you could list what the serving size is.
Billie Bond-Townsend 1803 Days Ago
Is the corn cooked first?
Jessica Stenberg 1866 Days Ago
Made this tonight as I saw fresh corn at the market and am ready to get back in the saddle with summer cooking. I got the basil and arugula at a local farmers market (seatttle....we just don't have farmers markets with all the great stuff till August). This is a perfect blend of peppery and sweet. I added extra arugula because I am just coming off winter and used to it being tasteless, but the stuff I got at the farmers market was fabulous, I only did half the dressing amount (calories, 1/4 cup of sugar really???) and found it just perfect. I grilled the corn which probably added extra sweetness making the extra sugar not necessary, at lease for my tastes. Awesome summer salad that I feel great about eating.