Pumpkin Apple Pops
- Core apples and slice crosswise into 12 slices so there is a hole in the center of each slice. Discard the end slices of each apple (8 slices total). Pat dry.
- Carefully insert a pop stick into each slice, making sure not to go through the hole. Dip each apple slice in melted semisweet chocolate and set on a parchment- or waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Set aside and allow chocolate to set.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine caramels and cream. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth.
- Once chocolate has set on the apple slices, carefully spoon caramel in the holes of the apple slices. Chill until caramel has set (30to 60 minutes).
- In a small microwave-safe bowl heat milk or white chocolate on 100% power (high) for 30 seconds or until melted and smooth when stirred.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a small resealable plastic bag and snip a small hole in one corner.
- Once caramel has set on the apple slices, decorate as desired by piping melted chocolate onto the pops. If desired, roll in or sprinkle with assorted sprinkles and/or chopped nuts.
From the Test Kitchen
To store, place in a single layer in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 2 days. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Apple Pops)
- Per serving:
- 272 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 5 mg chol. ,
- 39 mg sodium ,
- 40 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 31 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.