Fresh Apple Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a very large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir in apples and nuts. Add egg mixture in the well in flour mixture, stirring just until moistened (batter will be thick). Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour to serve slightly warm, or cool completely. If desired, top each serving with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts (Fresh Apple Cake)
- Per serving:
- 324 kcal ,
- 18 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 21 mg chol. ,
- 187 mg sodium ,
- 38 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 23 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
Kathleen Christian Ritenour 1053 Days Ago
I would love to try to make this cake gluten free, using cup for cup as a substitute for the regular flour. Has anybody tried this before? Results? Thanks.
Brenda Allen 1352 Days Ago
I've been making this for years, I got the recipe from my mom's BHG cookbook many years ago. This week I made it using mostly pears and substituting caramel chips for some of the walnuts, and it was amazing!