Fragrant Garam Masala Chicken Stew with Peas and Potatoes
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs, meaty sides down; cook about 6 minutes or until brown on both sides, turning once.
- Coat a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray or line the slow cooker with a disposable liner. In the slow cooker combine potatoes, onion, ginger, and garlic. Top with chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour broth and tomato sauce over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 3/4 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting. Stir in peas, yogurt, and garam masala. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts (Fragrant Garam Masala Chicken Stew with Peas and Potatoes )
- Per serving:
- 239 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 95 mg chol. ,
- 510 mg sodium ,
- 20 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 28 g pro.
cfoott 324 Days Ago
Is was an 'ok' dish. I make numerous Indian and middle eastern dishes, but this one just didn't really do it. I found it to be a bit bland. Salt helped a little, but not enough to make this a keeper recipe.
jsbs1981 1493 Days Ago
I actually doubled the broth and tomato sauce. It turned out perfectly. I will definitely make this again.
Elizabeth Budd 1428 Days Ago
How does this work out not using the crock pot?
Joan March 1798 Days Ago
Easy to prepare and makes a tasty stew. Rather a lot of liquid once it is cooked but serve it with some crusty bread to soak up the gravy.