Flank Steak with Antipasto Topper
- Trim fat from meat. Score both sides of meat in a diamond pattern by making shallow diagonal cuts at 1-inch intervals. Place meat in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, pour 1/2 cup of the Italian dressing over meat. Seal bag; turn to coat meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.*
- Meanwhile, for antipasto topper, in a medium bowl combine tomatoes, artichoke hearts, mozzarella pearls, and basil. Drizzle with the remaining 1/4 cup Italian dressing; toss gently to coat.
- Drain meat, discarding marinade. Cook meat in skillet or on grill as directed. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve meat with antipasto topper.
- SKILLET: In a 12-inch nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium. Add meat; cook for 15 to 17 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F), turning once.
- GRILL: For a charcoal or gas grill, place meat on the grill rack directly over medium heat. Cover and grill for 13 to 17 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees F) or 17 to 21 minutes for medium (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling.
From the Test Kitchen
Nutrition analysis per serving Grill Method: same as above, except 274 calories and 11 g total fat.
*To Make Ahead:
Marinate meat in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Continue as directed in Step 2.
Nutrition Facts (Flank Steak with Antipasto Topper)
- Per serving:
- 304 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 98 mg chol. ,
- 529 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 35 g pro.