Fish Tacos with Roasted Tomato Salsa
- Brush fish with oil and season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Grill in a preheated grill pan or on a gas or charcoal grill on the greased rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once.
- Warm tortillas in the pan or on the grill rack. Serve fish in tortillas with sour cream, salsa, and toppers.
Roasted Tomato Salsa
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a shallow baking pan with foil. Place tomatoes and onion in the prepared pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle with salt; toss to coat. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until nicely browned. Cool slightly.
- In a food processor place roasted vegetables and cilantro. Cover and process until smooth, gradually adding remaining oil with motor running. Add chipotle to taste. Makes 1 1/3 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Fish Tacos with Roasted Tomato Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 359 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 53 mg chol. ,
- 795 mg sodium ,
- 27 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.
ghmurphgmailc 30 Days Ago
A big thanks to Mark Murphy for this recipe! I first made this recipe (8X or about 32 servings) for a beach birthday party gathering of 25 about 2 years ago using fresh grouper instead of cod or halibut and it was a huge hit. I made fresh guacamole to serve with it and 10X the roasted tomato salsa. This is the best salsa recipe ever. Everyone raved about everything and there wasn't a scrap left.