Fish Sandwiches with Red Pepper-Onion Relish
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Brush fish with lemon juice. Sprinkle desired seasoning evenly over all sides of fish. Set aside.
- For the relish, brush onion and sweet pepper with oil. For a charcoal grill, grill onion and sweet pepper on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Watch vegetables closely so they do not char. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place onion and sweet pepper on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.)
- Transfer vegetables to a cutting board; let cool until easy to handle. Chop vegetables and place in a small bowl. Stir in parsley, sugar, vinegars, salt, and black pepper; toss to coat. Set aside.
- For a charcoal grill, grill fish on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place fish on greased grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.)
- Serve fish on buns. Using a slotted spoon, spoon relish on top of fish.
From the Test Kitchen
The red pepper-onion relish can be covered and chilled for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts (Fish Sandwiches with Red Pepper-Onion Relish)
- Per serving:
- 473 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 53 mg chol. ,
- 892 mg sodium ,
- 55 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 25 g pro.