Fig, Pancetta, and Goat Cheese Brunch Casserole
- Butter a 3-quart baking dish; scatter the bread in the dish and set aside. In a large skillet heat the 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the onions, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook and stir for 10 minutes. Add thyme and cook for 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Onions should be tender and lightly browned. Spoon over bread in dish.
- Return the skillet to the heat. Add pancetta slices and cook until lightly browned, but not crisp. Crumble goat cheese over onion mixture and top with pancetta and figs.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs well until blended. Whisk in the olive oil and cream until very well blended. Whisk in Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg. Pour egg mixture over layers in dish. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl stir together rosemary with just enough olive oil to coat and a pinch of kosher salt. Uncover dish; sprinkle casserole with rosemary mixture and several grinds of black pepper. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Remove and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with additional fresh rosemary, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (Fig, Pancetta, and Goat Cheese Brunch Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 409 kcal ,
- 28 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 180 mg chol. ,
- 577 mg sodium ,
- 24 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 15 g pro.
Emma Price 1062 Days Ago
My family loved this so much at Christmas that it was requested it be made for Easter Brunch! I make this with homemade grain free bread and it turns out perfect.
Andrea Ruminski 1137 Days Ago
A friend made this for brunch and it was delicious! I immediately asked for the recipe and am looking forward to make it this weekend for out of town guests. Perfect combination of sweet (from the figs), savory (goat cheese) and salty (pancetta). A definite must-try recipe!