Farro and Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto
- In an extra-large wok or nonstick skillet heat 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts and onion; cook and stir about 4 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Add prosciutto, walnuts, and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add farro and the remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until heated.
- To serve, drizzle balsamic glaze over mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan, basil, and pepper.
From the Test Kitchen
If you can't find packaged shaved Brussels sprouts, simply cut 10 oz. fresh Brussels sprouts into thin slices.
To cook farro, in a medium saucepan combine 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or water and 1 1/4 cups pearled or semi-pearled farro. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 25 to 30 minutes or until farro is tender. Drain if necessary.
Nutrition Facts (Farro and Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto)
- Per serving:
- 461 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 17 mg chol. ,
- 393 mg sodium ,
- 56 g carb. ,
- 10 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 17 g pro.