- Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish; set aside. In a food processor combine garbanzo beans, onion, garlic, cumin, and salt. Cover and process until mixture is coarsely ground. Stir in parsley and flour.
- Shape the bean mixture into four 3-inch-diameter round or oval patties. Carefully brush patties with milk, then coat both sides with bread crumbs.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add patties. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until patties are light brown, turning once. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.)
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, lemon juice, pepper, and garlic. To serve, fill pita halves with the patties, shredded lettuce, tomato slices, and cucumber slices. Drizzle with yogurt mixture.
Nutrition Facts (Falafel Pitas)
- Per serving:
- 314 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 454 mg sodium ,
- 53 g carb. ,
- 9 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 13 g pro.
lorim100922476 514 Days Ago
This should be 5 stars but it won't let me change it. Anyway, it was very tasty. The only thing I would change is making the patties very small. I made mine with about 2 tablespoons of the mixture. Smaller would be better as some of mine fell apart. Still tasted good though.