Enchiladas de Mole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 2-quart rectangular baking dishes with cooking spray; set aside. Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Bake about 10 minutes or until heated through. (Or place half of the tortillas between two pieces of waxed paper; microwave on 100 percent power [high] for 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining tortillas.)
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large skillet cook onion, garlic, and chile pepper in hot oil until tender; remove from heat. In a small bowl stir together the 1/3 cup sour cream, the mole sauce, and the water; add to skillet along with beans and half of the cheese.
- Spoon 1/3 cup filling onto one edge of each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam sides down, in prepared baking dishes.
- For sauce, in a medium bowl combine the 1 cup sour cream, the flour, cumin, and salt; whisk in milk. Pour sauce evenly over filled tortillas.
- Bake, covered, about 25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until cheese melts. Serve enchiladas topped with salsa.
- In a small bowl combine mango, peppers, cilantro; and juice. Place in an airtight storage container and store in the refrigerator until serving time or for up to 2 days.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts (Enchiladas de Mole)
- Per serving:
- 299 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 29 mg chol. ,
- 458 mg sodium ,
- 30 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 14 g pro.