Grilled Egg Sandwich
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing and Dijon-style or brown mustard. Spread mixture on one side of each of English Muffin bread or firm white bread. Set aside.
- In a large skillet melt margarine over medium heat; break 2 eggs into the skillet. Stir each egg gently with fork to break up yolk. Cook eggs for 3 to 4 minutes or to desired doneness, turning once.
- Place an egg on the spread side of two bread slices. Layer spinach leaves, tomato, and Swiss or American cheese on each egg. Top with remaining bread slices, spread-side down.
- In a shallow dish beat together 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons milk. Carefully dip sandwiches into egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of margarine or butter in same skillet over medium heat; cook sandwiches about 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Cut in half to serve. Makes 2 sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Egg Sandwich)
- Per serving:
- 748 kcal
- 45 g
- (19 g
- 490 mg
- 1021 mg
- 56 g
- 3 g
- 30 g