Easy Huevos Rancheros Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange potato nuggets in dish.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. Beat with a rotary beater or wire whisk until combined. Pour egg mixture over potato nuggets.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Sprinkle cheese evenly over egg mixture. Bake about 3 minutes more or until cheese melts. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Top with salsa, sour cream, and cilantro. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Easy Huevos Rancheros Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 343 kcal ,
- 21 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 238 mg chol. ,
- 823 mg sodium ,
- 26 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 14 g pro.
Sheryll_Rufus 389 Days Ago
May not be original Huevos Rancheros, but it's good and so easy!
rlb_51 389 Days Ago
I have made a similar dish using chunky hashbrowns rather than tater tots and everyone liked it. Not sure how this recipe came by the name of Huevos Rancheros Casserole though. Authentic Huevos Rancheros are not made with potatoes, but they do contain beans, usually black beans or refried beans. Also, the eggs are fried, not scrambled. When made with scrambled eggs, the dish is called Huevos a la Mexicana.