Eggs in Spicy Cherry Tomato Marinara
- Coat a 3 1/2- or 4-qt. slow cooker with cooking spray. In prepared cooker combine next seven ingredients (through salt).
- Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or high 2 1/2 to 3 hours. If using low, turn to high. Stir in basil. Break an egg into a custard cup. Make an indentation in tomato mixture and slip egg into indentation.* Repeat with remaining eggs. Cover and cook 25 to 35 minutes more or until eggs are desired doneness.
- If desired, top servings with pancetta.
From the Test Kitchen
Simply press the bottom of the custard cup into the sauce to make the indentation and tip the cup to slip the egg into the indentation.
If desired, serve with roasted sweet potatoes or fruit salad.
Nutrition Facts (Eggs in Spicy Cherry Tomato Marinara)
- Per serving:
- 274 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 194 mg chol. ,
- 868 mg sodium ,
- 35 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 14 g pro.