- Remove rind from cheese, if desired. Cut cheese into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat together eggs, milk, chives, salt, and pepper; set aside. In a large skillet cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble pancetta and set aside. Measure drippings in skillet; add oil, if necessary, to equal 2 tablespoons.
- Add mushrooms to skillet; cook over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium. Return pancetta to skillet.
- Pour egg mixture over mushroom mixture in skillet. Cook, without stirring, until egg mixture begins to set on the bottom and around edge. Using a large spatula, lift and fold the partially cooked eggs so uncooked portion flows underneath.
- Continue cooking and stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs are cooked through but are still glossy and moist. Top with Brie or Camembert cheese. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand for 1 to 2 minutes to soften cheese.
- To serve, place arugula on each plate and spoon egg mixture alongside. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To steam spinach, place spinach in a steamer basket in a skillet over a small amount of gently boiling water. Add spinach to basket. Cover and steam about 1 minute or until spinach is just wilted. Drain well.
Nutrition Facts (Weekend Scramble)
- Per serving:
- 203 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 300 mg chol. ,
- 308 mg sodium ,
- 3 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 3 g pro.