Shortcut Eggs Benedict
- In a 2-quart square baking dish arrange toasted muffins, cut side up. Place 2 bacon slices on each muffin half.
- In a bowl beat together eggs, milk, and pepper. In a skillet melt the 1 tablespoon margarine or butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. Cook without stirring until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around the edges. Using a large spoon or spatula, lift and fold partially cooked eggs so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking over medium heat about 3 minutes total or until eggs are cooked throughout but are still glossy and moist. Immediately remove eggs from heat.
- Spoon eggs atop each muffin stack, dividing evenly.
- Prepare sauce mix according to package directions. Stir in lemon juice. Spoon sauce over muffin stacks.
- For crumb topping, combine crumbs, chives or parsley, and the 2 tablespons margarine or butter; sprinkle over muffin stacks. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven about 15 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to a platter or individual plates; spoon any sauce in dish over eggs. If desired, garnish with tomato wedges. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare muffins and stack Canadian-style bacon and eggs atop muffins in baking dish. Prepare crumb topping. Cover and chill main dish and crumbs separately up to 24 hours. To serve, prepare sauce and spoon over muffin stacks. Sprinkle with crumbs. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Shortcut Eggs Benedict)
- Per serving:
- 292 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- 292 mg chol. ,
- 756 mg sodium ,
- 24 g carb. ,
- 18 g pro.