Meringue Shells with Fresh Fruit
- Allow egg whties to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Draw six 3- to 4-inch circles on the paper; set aside.
- For meringue, in a medium mixing bowl beat egg whites, vanilla, and cream of tartar with electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until very stiff peaks form and sugar is almost dissolved (about 7 minutes).
- Spread or pipe meringue over circles on paper, building up sides to form shells. Bake in a 300 degree F. oven for 35 minutes.
- Turn off oven; let meringue dry in oven with door closed for 1 hour. Do not open oven. Lift meringues off paper.
- To serve, spoon yogurt into shells. Arrange fruit atop yogurt. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Carefully wrap meringue shells in foil. Freeze up to 6 months.
Nutrition Facts (Meringue Shells with Fresh Fruit)
- Per serving:
- 141 kcal ,
- 1 g fat
- 2 mg chol. ,
- 40 mg sodium ,
- 32 g carb. ,
- 3 g pro.