Berry Delicious White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Use the margarine or butter to grease bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Stir together almonds and the 2 tablespoons flour. Press ground almond mixture onto the bottom of the springform pan. Set pan aside.
- In a heavy small saucepan melt the white chocolate baking squares over very low heat, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, the 2 tablespoons flour, the lemon or orange peel, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. With the mixer running, slowly add the melted white chocolate, beating until combined. Add eggs all at once, beating on low speed just until combined (do not overbeat). Stir in milk.
- Pour filling into prepared springform pan. Place springform pan on a shallow baking pan. Bake about 55 minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken gently. Cool cheesecake in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Use a small metal spatula to loosen cheesecake from sides of pan; cool 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cool cheesecake completely. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 48 hours.
- Transfer cheesecake to cake stand or dessert platter. In a small saucepan heat and stir strawberry jelly over low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Using a pastry brush, generously brush the jelly over top of the cheesecake. Arrange berries on cheesecake. Cover with plastic wrap; chill up to 4 hours before serving. Makes 16 to 20 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Be sure to use the reduced-fat cream cheese. Fat-free cream cheese won't give you acceptable results for this party-perfect dessert.
After glazing the cheesecake, cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Berry Delicious White Chocolate Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 378 kcal ,
- 23 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 122 mg chol. ,
- 275 mg sodium ,
- 32 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 11 g pro.