- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and nutmeg. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl combine eggs, eggnog, butter, vanilla, and rum extract. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full. Sprinkle Nutmeg-Streusel Topping over muffin batter in cups.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed; cool completely. Place muffins in a single layer in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal, label, and freeze for up to 2 months. To serve, thaw at room temperature.
- In a small bowl stir together all-purpose flour, sugar, and nutmeg. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Nutrition Facts (Eggnog Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 312 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 73 mg chol. ,
- 132 mg sodium ,
- 46 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 24 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.
Lauren Conklin 1359 Days Ago
I just made this and it is delicious. I added a teaspoon of salt and baked it in a 9x9 pan for a coffee cake. I also drizzled it with a powdered sugar glaze.