Recipes and Cooking Egg Roll Soup Turn your favorite takeout appetizer into a complete meal with this egg roll soup recipe. Shredded veggies, ground pork, and a flavorful broth all contribute to making this easy 30-minute soup. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on March 27, 2020 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Blaine Moats Total Time: 30 mins Servings: 6 Yield: 7 cups Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 6 egg roll wrappers 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 pound ground pork 1 ½ cup chopped onions 1 ½ cup packaged coarsely shredded carrots 2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger 2 cloves garlic, minced 4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce ¼ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon black pepper 2 cup shredded napa cabbage 1 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped Hot-style mustard (optional) Directions Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush both sides of egg roll wrappers with oil. Cut each into 4 squares; arrange on a baking sheet. Bake 4 to 6 minutes or until brown, turning once. Meanwhile, in a 4- to 5-qt. Dutch oven cook ground pork, onions, carrots, ginger, and garlic over medium-high heat until meat is browned. Drain off fat. Stir in broth, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cabbage and water chestnuts. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until cabbage is wilted. Top servings with egg roll crisps and, if desired, drizzle with mustard. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 358 Calories 18g Fat 28g Carbs 20g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 6 Calories 358 % Daily Value * Total Fat 18g 23% Saturated Fat 6g 30% Cholesterol 57mg 19% Sodium 996mg 43% Total Carbohydrate 28g 10% Total Sugars 4g Protein 20g Vitamin C 10.6mg 53% Calcium 71mg 5% Iron 2.4mg 13% Potassium 816mg 17% Folate, total 60.1mcg Vitamin B-12 0.5mcg Vitamin B-6 0.3mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.