Easy Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a large bowl stir together cookie dough, flour, cocoa powder, and red food coloring until combined (knead dough with hands, if necessary to combine). Shape dough into a 7-inch roll. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 2 to 3 hours or until dough is firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut roll into 1/4-inch slices.* Place slices 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 7 minutes or until edges are firm. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- Place frosting in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100% power (high) for 10 to 20 seconds or just until melted; stir. Dip half of each cookie into melted frosting, allowing excess frosting to drip back into bowl. Repeat dipping if necessary for a thicker coating. Return cookie to wire rack. Sprinkle dipped portions of cookies with red and/or green sprinkles. Let stand until frosting is set.
From the Test Kitchen
If the dough crumbles slightly when you slice it, simply press the crumbled dough together to re-shape the slice into a round.
Layer decorated cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Easy Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 146 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 1 mg chol. ,
- 86 mg sodium ,
- 21 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 15 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.