Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a small bowl stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf of dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle, stopping occasionally to let dough relax, if necessary. Brush dough rectangles with melted butter; sprinkle with brown sugar-cinnamon mixture. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
- Starting from a short side, roll up each dough rectangle into a spiral. Pinch dough to seal seams. Slice each dough spiral into eight equal pieces. Arrange dough slices in prepared baking pan. Cover; let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Use a greased toothpick to break any surface bubbles in rolls. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until rolls are golden brown and sound hollow when gently tapped. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover rolls with foil for the last 10 minutes of baking. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes; remove from pan. Drizzle with Icing. Serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through Step 2. Cover with oiled waxed paper, then with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Before baking, let rolls stand, covered, for 1 hour at room temperature. Uncover and bake as directed in Step 3.
Prepare Easy Cinnamon Rolls as directed, except generously grease the pan and line with parchment paper or nonstick foil. In a small bowl stir together 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar and 1/3 cup whipping cream; pour evenly into prepared pan, spreading gently. Sprinkle 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans evenly over mixture. Arrange dough slices on top of mixture in baking pan. Continue as directed.
Per roll: 336 cal., 11 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 0 g trans fat, 13 mg chol., 286 mg sodium, 55 g carbo., 1 g fiber, 4 g pro.
Daily Values: 3% vit. A, 4% calcium, 10% iron
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 2 1/2 Other Carbo., 2 Fat
- In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough milk to reach drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Easy Cinnamon Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 235 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 6 mg chol. ,
- 284 mg sodium ,
- 45 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 20 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.