Recipes and Cooking Cappuccino Eggnog 3.0 (1) If you like, garnish each serving of this Christmas holiday drink with a few strips of orange peel. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on June 14, 2011 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 20 mins Chill Time: 4 hrs Total Time: 4 hrs 20 mins Servings: 8 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten 2 cup milk ⅓ cup sugar 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder or 4 teaspoons instant coffee crystals ¼ cup light rum or milk 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 cup whipping cream 2 tablespoon sugar Orange peel curls (optional) Directions In a heavy large saucepn, combine the egg yolks, milk, the 1/3 cup sugar, and the espresso powder or coffee crystals. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just coats a metal spoon. Remove from heat. Cool quickly by placing saucepan in a sink or bowl of ice water and stirring for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the 1/4 cup rum or milk and the vanilla. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. At serving time, in a chilled medium mixing bowl, combine whipping cream and the 2 tablespoons sugar; beat with the chilled beaters of an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Transfer chilled egg mixture to a punch bowl. Fold in whipped cream mixture. If desired, garnish each serving with orange peel curls. Serve at once. Makes 8 servings. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 222 Calories 15g Fat 15g Carbs 4g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 8 Calories 222 % Daily Value * Total Fat 15g 19% Saturated Fat 8g 40% Cholesterol 148mg 49% Sodium 41mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 15g 5% Total Sugars 14g Protein 4g Vitamin C 0.6mg 3% Calcium 101mg 8% Iron 0.4mg 2% Potassium 148mg 3% Folate, total 16.1mcg Vitamin B-12 0.5mcg Vitamin B-6 0.1mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.