Dilly Slow Cooker Dinner Rolls
- Line bottom and sides of a 5- to 6-quart oval slow cooker with parchment paper. Coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the next five ingredients (through dry mustard). Add the warm water and 3 tablespoons of the melted butter. Beat with a mixer on medium for 30 seconds, scraping bowl as needed. Beat on high for 3 minutes. Stir in the 1/2 cup cornmeal and as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Shape dough into 16 balls, pulling and tucking edges to form smooth tops. Place balls, evenly spaced (sides will be touching), in prepared cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer registers 200 degrees F (tops of rolls may be slightly wet). Use parchment paper to remove rolls from cooker; peel off paper. Place rolls on a baking sheet; cool.
- Preheat broiler. Brush tops of rolls with the remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter.* Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until light brown.
From the Test Kitchen
To remelt butter, microwave it for 5 to 10 seconds.
Nutrition Facts (Dilly Slow Cooker Dinner Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 131 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 8 mg chol. ,
- 243 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 0 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.