- Put five 5-ounce paper cups in an 8x8x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Open the can of pears with a can opener. Place a colander in the sink. Empty the pears into the colander and let the liquid drain away.
- Put the pears, yogurt, honey, lemon juice, and, if you like, food coloring, and almond extract in a blender container or a food processor bowl. Cover with the lid and blend or process on high speed until smooth. Turn off the blender.
- Pour the mixture into the paper cups using a rubber scraper to remove all of the mixture from the blender container or food processor. Cover each cup with a square of foil. Use a table knife to make a small hole in center of each foil square. Slide a wooden craft stick through each hole and into the fruit mixture in the cup.
- Put the pan in the freezer. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until the pops are firm. Makes 5 pops.
- To serve, remove the foil and tear the paper cups off the pops.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and freeze pops up to one month ahead.
Nutrition Facts (Yogurt-Pear Pops)
- Per serving:
- 111 kcal ,
- 1 g fat
- 3 mg chol. ,
- 36 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g pro.