Pecan-Topped Sweet Potato Casserole
- In a covered large saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in enough lightly salted boiling water to cover for 25 to 30 minutes or until very tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Drain the sweet potatoes; transfer to a large bowl. Use a potato masher or wooden spoon to mash potatoes until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar or substitute eggs, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Stir in milk. Pour into the prepared dish.
- For topping, in a medium bowl, stir together pecans, 1/4 cup remaining brown sugar or substitute, flour, and butter; sprinkle onto potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until potatoes are heated through and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. makes 10 (1/3-cup) servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Choose from Sweet 'N Low Brown or Sugar Twin Granulated Brown. Follow the package directions to use the product amount equivalent to 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Nutrition Facts (Pecan-Topped Sweet Potato Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 229 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 52 mg chol. ,
- 58 mg sodium ,
- 27 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 4 g pro.