Recipes and Cooking Peanut Butter Balls 3.8 (134) 3 Reviews This peanut butter balls recipe is delicious for anytime of the year, but a must-have when Christmas season rolls around. Keep this 4-ingredient candy recipe on hand so you can make peanut butter balls (in less than an hour!) for all your holiday gatherings. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on June 14, 2011 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Hands On Time: 45 mins Stand Time: 10 mins Total Time: 55 mins Servings: 40 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 cup peanut butter 6 tablespoon butter, softened 2 cup powdered sugar 12 ounce chocolate-flavored candy coating (almond bark), cut up Directions Line a tray or baking sheet with waxed paper. In a large bowl stir together peanut butter and butter. Gradually add powdered sugar, stirring until combined. If necessary, knead with hands until smooth. Shape peanut butter mixture into 1-inch balls; place on prepared tray. In a 2-qt. heavy saucepan melt candy coating over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat; let cool 5 minutes. Using a fork, dip balls, one at a time, into coating, allowing excess coating to drip off. Return to waxed paper; let stand 10 minutes or until set. If desired, after coating has set, drizzle with additional melted candy coating to decorate. To Store Place balls in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator up to 1 month or freeze up to 3 months. If frozen, thaw at room temperature before serving. Dip It Place one ball on the tines of a fork. Lower the fork into the candy coating; turn as necessary (or use a spoon to drizzle candy coating over the ball). Lift the ball out, letting coating drip off so you don't end up with a pool of coating on the waxed paper. Repeat for all. Crispy Peanut Butter Balls Prepare as directed, except stir 1 cup crisp rice cereal into peanut butter mixture before shaping into balls. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 105 Calories 7g Fat 11g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 40 Calories 105 % Daily Value * Total Fat 7g 9% Saturated Fat 3g 15% Cholesterol 5mg 2% Sodium 46mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 11g 4% Total Sugars 9g Protein 1g *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.