Oregon Hazelnut Cheesecake
- Prepare Hazelnut Crumb Topping. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. For crust, use the butter to grease bottom and 1-1/2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Press ground hazelnuts onto the bottom and sides of the pan. Chill while preparing filling.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, and flour with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in half-and-half, honey, eggs, and coarsely chopped hazelnuts.
- Pour filling into nut-lined pan. Place pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Carefully sprinkle Hazelnut Crumb Topping evenly over top of cheesecake. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degree F and bake 35 to 40 minutes more or until center appears nearly set when shaken.
- Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen the crust from the sides of pan; cool for 30 minutes more. Remove the sides of the pan; cool cheesecake completely. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight before serving. (Top may crack upon cooling.) Makes 12 to 16 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
* Toasting Hazelnuts:
Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Spread hazelnuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring once or twice, until portions of nuts visible through skin appear lightly browned. Immediately pour out onto a clean kitchen towel. Fold towel over nuts; rub gently with towel to remove skins.
Hazelnut Crumb Topping
- In a bowl stir together brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in toasted hazelnuts,* chopped.
Nutrition Facts (Oregon Hazelnut Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 500 kcal ,
- 37 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 16 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 144 mg chol. ,
- 223 mg sodium ,
- 36 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 30 g sugar ,
- 10 g pro.