Orange-Glazed Fruit with Anise Whipped Cream
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine orange juice, 2 tablespoons sugar, and honey. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar and honey; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium chilled bowl beat whipping cream, 1 teaspoon sugar, and ouzo with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Cover and chill up to 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl toss fruit with melted butter. Transfer fruit to a grill pan or a disposable foil pan with small slits cut in the bottom.* For a charcoal grill, place fruit in pan on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals; grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place grill pan on grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- To serve, arrange fruit on each of 4 dessert plates. Drizzle with syrup. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with whipped cream. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Make a foil pan with a double thickness of heavy foil; fold up sides of foil to form a pan and cut several slits in bottom.
Nutrition Facts (Orange-Glazed Fruit with Anise Whipped Cream)
- Per serving:
- 267 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 49 mg chol. ,
- 44 mg sodium ,
- 36 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 26 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.