- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl, combine finely crushed graham crackers, 1/3 cup of the maple sugar, and the melted butter. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and about 2 inches up the side of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the remaining 2/3 cup maple sugar, the cream cheese, pumpkin, the 1/4 cup maple syrup, and the vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Gently pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small thin knife, loosen crust from side of springform pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove side of springform pan; cool for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, spoon caramel ice cream topping over top of cheesecake. If desired, garnish with currants and/or fresh berries. Makes 10 servings
From the Test Kitchen
Maple sugar can be found in gourmet food shops or online at www.vermontcountrystore.com or www.savorwisconsin.com
Be sure to stir thoroughly to break up any clumps.
Prepare as directed. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Or carefully transfer cheesecake to a plate or platter and place in a freezer bag or airtight container. Freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, thaw frozen cheesecake in the refrigerator for 24 hours. If desired, garnish as directed above.
Nutrition Facts (Maple-Pumpkin Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 528 kcal ,
- 36 g fat
- (22 g sat. fat ,
- 163 mg chol. ,
- 469 mg sodium ,
- 43 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 9 g pro.