Fresh Fruit with Pastry Stars
- Thaw the puff pastry according to the package directions. Chill a medium mixing bowl and the beaters of an electric mixer. (A chilled bowl and beaters will help the cream to whip into peaks faster.)
- In a large mixing bowl toss together the berries and the 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Using floured, star-shaped cutters of different sizes, cut pastry into stars.
- Arrange star pastries on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven about 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from baking sheet; cool slightly on a wire rack. Brush stars lightly with water; sprinkle with coarse or colored sugar or powdered sugar. If desired, place in airtight container or a plastic bag. Seal and let stand at room temperature up to 6 hours.
- To serve, arrange the berries and pastry stars on 6 serving plates. Pipe or spoon whipped cream onto plates. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Chill the medium mixing bowl and the beaters of an electric mixer 1 hour ahead.
Nutrition Facts (Fresh Fruit with Pastry Stars)
- Per serving:
- 362 kcal ,
- 23 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 31 mg chol. ,
- 168 mg sodium ,
- 39 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 3 g pro.