Classic Ricotta Cheesecake
- For crust, in a medium mixing bowl combine 3/4 cup flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel. Cut in 1/3 cup butter until pieces are the size of small peas. Using a fork, stir in egg yolk until all of the dough is moistened.
- Remove the sides from an ungreased 8-inch springform pan. Press one-third of the dough onto the bottom of pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack.
- Grease the sides of the springform pan with the additional butter. Attach the pan sides to the bottom. Press remaining dough 1-1/2 inches up the sides of the pan. Set the pan aside.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, milk, and 2 tablespoons flour with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Add whole eggs all at once. Beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in raisins, candied peel, and 1 teaspoon lemon peel.
- Pour filling into the crust-lined pan. Place in a shallow baking pan in oven. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 45 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen crust from sides of pan and cool for 30 minutes more. Remove sides of the springform pan; cool 1 hour. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 4 hours. If desired, garnish with orange peel. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Classic Ricotta Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 247 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 104 mg chol. ,
- 148 mg sodium ,
- 26 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 10 g pro.
How To Video
Andrea Manuszak 1775 Days Ago
for my family I skipped the golden raisins,