Chocolate-Cinnamon Bread Pudding
- Grease a 1-1/2-quart souffle dish. Tear off two 20x2-inch pieces of heavy foil. Crisscross the strips and place dish in the center.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon using a wire whisk or rotary beater. Place bread cubes and chocolate in prepared dish. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture and cover with foil.
- Place rack and water in a 4- or 6-quart pressure cooker. Bringing up the foil strips, lift the ends of the strips and transfer dish into the cooker. Fold ends of foil strips over the top of the dish.
- Lock lid in place. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe (if you have a first-generation cooker). Over high heat, bring cooker up to pressure. Reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure and pressure regulator rocks gently; cook for 30 minutes.
- Allow pressure to come down naturally. Carefully remove lid.
- Using foil strips, carefully lift bread pudding out of the cooker. Remove foil. Place on a wire rack and cool 15 minutes. Serve warm. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
*To dry bread cubes, start with about 3-1/2 cups (4-1/2 slices). Spread in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 300 degree F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until dry, stirring twice. Or, let stand, loosely covered, at room temperature for 8 to 12 hours. Measure 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Cinnamon Bread Pudding)
- Per serving:
- 304 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 148 mg chol. ,
- 173 mg sodium ,
- 40 g carb. ,
- 10 g pro.