Banana Bars with Butter-Rum Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the almonds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven about 25 minutes or till a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread with Butter-Rum Frosting. Cut into bars. If desired, just before serving, sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat butter on medium speed of an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Gradually beat in half of the powdered sugar. Beat in rum and vanilla. Beat in the rest of the powdered sugar and enough milk to make a frosting of spreading consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Banana Bars with Butter-Rum Frosting)
- Per serving:
- 111 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 60 mg sodium ,
- 18 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 13 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
cmmarches 664 Days Ago
I've made this recipe a few times but instead of making the frosting, I add about a cup of chocolate chips to the batter. It's always a hit when I bring it somewhere.
Andy Waltz 1526 Days Ago
The frosting is not good, in my opinion. The bars were just ok.
Milagros Pocaigue 1766 Days Ago
Banana Bars, a simple after meal dessert or an afternoon snack!
Blanca Hernandez 1803 Days Ago
Me gusta mucho el pastel de platano.lo voy a hacer.