Mini Almond Cookie Cups
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line thirty-six 1-3/4-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt and stir brown sugar and butter over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in egg, almond extract, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in 1/3 cup of the chopped almonds.
- Spoon batter into paper bake cups, filling each half full. Sprinkle tops with the remaining chopped almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin pans; cool. Drizzle cooled cookies with Almond Glaze. Makes 36 cookie bites.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookie bites between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and almond extract. Stir in enough milk to make glaze drizzling consistency.