- Preheat oven to 275 degree F. Line the outside of an 8-inch springform pan with heavy foil. Grease the bottom and sides inside the pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat sugar and cream cheese with a sturdy handheld or a freestanding electric mixer on medium to high speed for 8 to 10 minutes, scraping twice, until mixture is smooth and sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in eggs just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Place pan on the oven rack. Add 1 inch of very hot water to the roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 70 to 75 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Carefully remove springform pan from water bath and let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Run a thin metal spatula around the edge of the cheesecake to loosen sides of pan. Cool for 45 minutes more. Cover and chill overnight.
- To serve, remove sides of the pan. Makes 10 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Test Kitchen Tip:
For added flavor, add 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel or 1 teaspoon vanilla to cheesecake batter with eggs.
Nutrition Facts (1-2-3 Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 413 kcal ,
- 33 g fat
- (20 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 9 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 163 mg chol. ,
- 290 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 19 g sugar ,
- 9 g pro.