Decadent Chocolate Donuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously coat a 2-inch doughnut pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, the 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the coffee powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture. In a medium bowl combine egg, milk, and melted butter. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until smooth. Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Spoon batter into a large resealable plastic bag; snip off one corner of the bag. Pipe batter into the prepared pan, filling rings about half full.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 2 minutes.* Invert doughnuts onto rack. Cool pan and spray with nonstick cooking spray between batches.
- To coat doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze and/or Powdered Sugar Glaze, cool doughnuts completely. Spoon or spread glaze atop doughnuts, allowing excess to drip off. Place doughnuts, glazed sides up, on wire racks. If desired, top with sprinkles. Let stand until glaze is set.
- To coat doughnuts with granulated sugar and/or powdered sugar, place sugar in a resealable plastic bag. Working in batches, add hot doughnuts to bag. Seal bag; shake gently to coat.
From the Test Kitchen
For best results, don't skip the 2-minute cooling time before removing the doughnuts from the pan.
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- In a large bowl stir together powdered sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla. Stir in enough milk to make a thick glaze of drizzling consistency. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
- In a small saucepan combine chocolate and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla until combined. Stir in enough hot water to make a thick glaze. If necessary, as glaze stands, stir in additional hot water to thin to its original consistency. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Decadent Chocolate Donuts)
- Per serving:
- 157 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 15 mg chol. ,
- 9 mg sodium ,
- 24 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 18 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.