Recipes and Cooking Dark Chocolate Mint Bites 4.0 (17) 2 Reviews Think of this decadent dark chocolate recipe as mint chocolate chip ice cream in dessert bar form. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on November 30, 2011 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Kritsada Panichgul Prep Time: 30 mins Chill Time: 15 mins Total Time: 45 mins Yield: 24 bars Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients Nonstick cooking spray 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats ¾ cup dark or semisweet chocolate pieces ¼ cup unsalted butter 1 cup finely crushed chocolate wafers (about 19 wafers) 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder ¼ teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon shortening 1 cup powdered sugar 2 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened 1 tablespoon low-fat milk ½ teaspoon peppermint extract ½ teaspoon vanilla 1 drop green food coloring (optional) Directions Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Coat foil with cooking spray. Set aside. For crust, in a food processor pulse oats until fine. In a medium saucepan combine 1/4 cup of the chocolate pieces and the butter; heat and stir until melted. Stir in the processed oats, finely crushed chocolate wafers, cocoa powder, and salt. Press crust mixture into bottom of the prepared pan. Chill for 15 minutes. In the same saucepan combine the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate pieces and the shortening. Heat and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Set aside. In a medium bowl combine powdered sugar, cream cheese, milk, peppermint extract, vanilla, and, if desired, food coloring; stir until smooth. Spread over crust. Drizzle with the melted chocolate mixture. Chill about 1 hour or until set. Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut bars out of the pan. Cut into 24 bars. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 105 Calories 5g Fat 14g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 105 % Daily Value * Total Fat 5g 6% Saturated Fat 3g 15% Cholesterol 6mg 2% Sodium 58mg 3% Total Carbohydrate 14g 5% Total Sugars 9g Protein 1g Calcium 10.1mg 1% Iron 0.9mg 5% Potassium 59mg 1% Folate, total 4mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.