Curried Sweet Potato Rolls
- In a large mixing bowl combine 2 cups of the flour, the brown sugar, curry powder, yeast, salt, coriander, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Add warmed coconut milk, one of the eggs, and the melted butter. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Beat in Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Garlic. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased large bowl, turning once to grease surface of dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Punch dough down. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Using lightly floured hands, divide each half of dough into eight pieces. Shape pieces into balls. Arrange in the prepared baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the remaining egg and the water. Carefully brush rolls with egg mixture; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until rolls sound hollow when lightly tapped. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature. If desired, serve with Mango Butter.
From the Test Kitchen
Cool rolls completely. Place in an airtight container; cover. Freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside. Peel 1 pound sweet potatoes; cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks. Toss sweet potato chunks with olive oil, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. Place in prepared baking pan. Bake about 25 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly; mash.
- In a food processor combine one mango, seeded, peeled, and chopped; and 3/4 cup butter, softened. Cover and process with several on-off pulses until mango is finely chopped.
Nutrition Facts (Curried Sweet Potato Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 274 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 30 mg chol. ,
- 401 mg sodium ,
- 43 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.