Curried Salmon with Tomatoes and Dried Plums
- Thaw fish if frozen. Rinse and pat dry; set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet cook and stir sweet pepper, red onion, celery, and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add canned tomatoes, dried plums, and curry powder. Cook and stir for 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Add salmon to skillet; transfer to oven. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until salmon just begins to flake.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring 1-1/3 cups of water to boiling. Stir in couscous; return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 2 minutes. Drain if necessary.
- To serve, spoon salmon over couscous. Sprinkle with fresh mint.
From the Test Kitchen
Swap in weeknight standbys such as regular couscous, rice, or orzo, but Israeli couscous is a fun alternative. We love the slightly toasted taste and pearl shape.
Nutrition Facts (Curried Salmon with Tomatoes and Dried Plums)
- Per serving:
- 392 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 62 mg chol. ,
- 491 mg sodium ,
- 45 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 15 g sugar ,
- 28 g pro.