Blueberry Muffin Cupcakes
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. In a medium bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low to medium speed for 1 minute after each addition and scraping sides of bowl frequently. Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds to three-fourths full. Place blueberries on top of batter. Sprinkle with Streusel Topping.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean (avoid berries when inserting toothpick). Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks. If desired, drizzle cupcakes with Vanilla Icing. Makes 24 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
From the Test Kitchen
Place un-iced cupcakes in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 2 days. Or label and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw cupcakes at room temperature before icing.
- In a medium bowl combine all-purpose flour, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and salt. With a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Makes 1-3/4 cups.
- Allow butter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a medium bowl combine butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Stir in milk until icing reaches a thick drizzling consistency. Makes about 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Blueberry Muffin Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 239 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 62 mg chol. ,
- 152 mg sodium ,
- 33 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 20 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.