Cupcake Wedding Bouquet
- Place a large chunk of floral foam in bottom of the vase; insert a long skewer into the foam. Fill the rest of the vase with marbles for stability. Push the foam ball into the skewer sticking out of the vase. Insert the stems of artificial leaves and greenery into the base of the ball. To determine placement, place unfrosted cupcakes, one at a time, on the ball and insert 2 to 4 toothpicks through the cupcake into the foam ball to secure it. Repeat with remaining cupcakes. Remove all cupcakes, leaving toothpicks in the ball.
- Tint frosting desired colors. Spread a thin layer of frosting on each cupcake. Place remaining frosting in pastry bags fitted with desired piping tips. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes in desired flower designs. Let cupcakes stand at least 15 minutes to allow frosting to firm up.
- Working from bottom to top, slide decorated cupcakes back on the toothpicks in the foam ball. If desired, insert additional artificial leaves into spaces between cupcakes.
From the Test Kitchen
Add just enough liquid to Creamy White Frosting to make it pipeable, but not soft. The frosting needs to be thick enough to hold its shape.
This bouquet is best assembled where it is to be served. If you need to transport the vase, pack the cupcakes in a cupcake tote and transport to the location separately from the vase. Assemble on location.
To make the rose cupcakes, use a very large open star tip in the decorating bag. Starting in the center, pipe frosting in a thick swirl that spirals out to the edges.
To make the white hydrangea cupcakes, use a very large closed star tip in the decorating bag. Pipe frosting in short bursts across the top of cupcake.
To make white coneflower cupcakes, use a large rose tip in the decorating bag. Holding the bag so the tip is flat against the cupcake with the wide part of the tip pointing toward the outside, pipe thick squiggles around the rim of the cupcake to look like petals. Top with a second layer of squiggle petals. Place a blackberry gumdrop candy in the center.
Floral foam, foam ball, and fake leaves/greenery can be found at hobby and crafts stores.
Creamy White Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl beat shortening, vanilla, and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Slowly add in about half of the powdered sugar, beating well. Add 2 tablespoons of milk. Gradually beat in the remaining of powdered sugar and 1-3 tablespoons more milk to reach spreading consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Cupcake Wedding Bouquet)
- Per serving:
- 341 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 152 mg sodium ,
- 45 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 36 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.