Crunchy Milk Chocolate-Almond Roll
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread almonds and chopped wafers in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake about 6 minutes or until nuts and wafers are lightly toasted; cool.
- In a small heavy saucepan cook and stir chocolate pieces and butter over low heat until melted and smooth. In a medium bowl combine coffee and salt, stirring to dissolve salt. Stir coffee mixture into chocolate mixture. Fold in almonds and wafers, dried apricots, and orange peel. Transfer to the medium bowl. Cover and chill for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until mixture is firm but malleable.
- Divide chocolate mixture in half. On a sheet of waxed paper, using a spatula shape half of the mixture into a 7x2-inch log. Wrap log in the waxed paper, twisting ends to seal. Gently roll log back and forth to make it perfectly round. Repeat with the remaining chocolate mixture. Chill for 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap logs; let stand for 5 minutes. In a shallow dish stir together powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Using a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/2-inch slices. Roll edges of slices in cocoa powder mixture. Serve at once or chill until ready to serve.
From the Test Kitchen
To freeze the chocolate salami, place wrapped logs in an airtight container; cover. Store in the freezer for up to 1 month. To serve, thaw at room temperature for 25 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts (Crunchy Milk Chocolate-Almond Roll)
- Per serving:
- 105 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 10 mg chol. ,
- 56 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.