Cream Soda-Toffee Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line eighteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses and vanilla.
- Alternately add flour mixture, buttermilk, and cream soda to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of the toffee pieces. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full.
- Bake about 18 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; cool completely on racks. Frost tops with Browned-Butter Frosting. Sprinkle with remaining toffee pieces.
- In a small saucepan heat 1/4 cup butter over medium-low heat about 8 minutes or until butter turns a light golden brown; cool. In a medium bowl beat 1/4 cup softened butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in the browned butter until combined. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt, beating well. Beat in enough buttermilk to make frosting spreading consistency. Use immediately. If frosting starts to set up, stir in a small amount of boiling water.
Nutrition Facts (Cream Soda-Toffee Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 307 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 69 mg chol. ,
- 241 mg sodium ,
- 42 g carb. ,
- 31 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
Anonymous 1927 Days Ago
These are delicious, and the frosting is to die for.