Cream Cheese Brownies
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Grease foil; set pan aside. In a large heavy saucepan heat and stir chopped chocolate and butter over low heat until smooth; set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl beat two of the eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Add the 1-1/4 cups sugar, the water, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla; beat on medium speed about 6 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and lemon-color. Beat in the cooled chocolate mixture. Stir in the 1 cup flour, the baking powder, and salt; stir in nuts. Spread half of the batter in the prepared baking pan; set pan and remaining batter aside.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, the 2/3 cup sugar, the remaining 2 eggs, the 2 tablespoons flour, the lemon juice, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over batter in pan. Spoon remaining batter in small spoonfuls evenly over the cream cheese mixture. Using a knife, swirl batter and cream cheese mixture to marble.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Spread Chocolate Glaze over cooled brownies. Chill about 1 hour or until glaze is set. Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut brownies out of the pan. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place brownies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- In a small saucepan heat and stir whipping cream and semisweet chocolate over low heat until smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Cream Cheese Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 199 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 41 mg chol. ,
- 72 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 3 g pro.