Recipes and Cooking Cranberry Salsa Macha Be the first to rate & review! Salsa macha is an oil-based, chile-nut salsa from Veracruz, Mexico, that's often served with fish. Our taste panel wanted to put it on just about everything. Use it as a dip, topping for your favorite protein, on avocado toast, just about anything. By Kate Ramos Kate Ramos Website Kate Ramos is a chef and creator of ¡Hola! Jalapeño. She is a photographer and creator of ¡Hola! Jalapeño, the popular Mexican recipe blog. She has been cooking professionally for over two decades and has developed thousands of recipes for her blog and other publications such as Better Homes & Gardens, Shape, Elle, and others. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on October 13, 2021 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Carson Downing Hands On Time: 15 mins Total Time: 1 hrs Servings: 20 Yield: 2 1/2 cups Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 ounce dried pasilla chiles 1 ounce dried morita or chipotle chiles 2 cup grapeseed oil 5 garlic cloves, halved ½ cup roasted unsalted sunflower kernels ¾ cup dried cranberries 1 tablespoon chia seeds ¼ cup dried hibiscus flowers (flor de jamaica), rinsed and chopped ¼ cup cider vinegar 2 teaspoon kosher salt 1 teaspoon dried mint Directions Stem, seed, and, if desired, devein chiles. Cut into 1/4-inch pieces. In a medium saucepan combine grapeseed oil, garlic, and sunflower kernels; cook over medium about 15 minutes or until garlic is golden. (Garlic will take about 4 minutes to brown once the oil comes to a simmer.) Remove grapeseed oil mixture from heat. Add chiles, cranberries, chia seeds, and hibiscus; let cool 30 minutes. Transfer mixture to a food processor. Add vinegar, mint, and 2 tsp. kosher salt; pulse nine to 10 times or until mixture is emulsified and sunflower kernels are broken up but the mixture isn't a paste. Serve over eggs, grilled fish, or with bread for dipping. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Makes 2 1/2 cups. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 241 Calories 24g Fat 7g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 20 Calories 241 % Daily Value * Total Fat 24g 31% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Sodium 114mg 5% Total Carbohydrate 7g 3% Total Sugars 3g Protein 1g Vitamin C 1.5mg 8% Calcium 11mg 1% Iron 0.6mg 3% Potassium 59mg 1% Folate, total 10.5mcg Vitamin B-6 0.1mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.