Recipes and Cooking Cranberry-Chocolate Chip Cookies 3.7 (7) Add your rating & review Don't skip the corn syrup! It keeps the cookies fresh longer, so you can have delicious cookies for about 5 days. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on December 14, 2015 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Hands On Time: 25 mins Total Time: 45 mins Servings: 30 Yield: 30 cookies Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ¼ cup butter, softened ¼ cup shortening ½ cup packed brown sugar ¼ cup granulated sugar ½ teaspoon baking soda ½ teaspoon salt 1 egg 1 tablespoon light-color corn syrup 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour 1 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chunks or pieces ½ cup dried cranberries Directions Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, corn syrup, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in chocolate and dried cranberries. Using a small ice cream scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are just lightly browned (center of cookies may not appear set). Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely. For a chewier center: Freeze dough mounds 20 minutes before baking. To Make Ahead: Freeze dough mounds completely. Place in freezer containers and freeze up to 1 month. Bake as directed. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 121 Calories 6g Fat 17g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 30 Calories 121 % Daily Value * Total Fat 6g 8% Saturated Fat 3g 15% Cholesterol 10mg 3% Sodium 79mg 3% Total Carbohydrate 17g 6% Total Sugars 11g Protein 1g Calcium 6mg 0% Potassium 16mg 0% Folate, total 12.3mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.